F9 BARC: The Best Concrete Rust Remover and Orange Battery Acid Stain Remover
To Download SDS Please Click Here
Did you know F9 has 4 All Star Products that make up the World’s Best Restoration line of cleaners. Please click on the one of the following products to learn more: Efflo – Double Eagle – Groundskeeper
- Rust can come from a variety of sources, mainly from metals or fertilizers that contain iron. Most concrete rust does not travel more than 1/16” deep into the concrete.
- Orange Battery Acid is an orange flash acid “burn” that can travel down your driveway and into the street. Flash acid burn looks almost identical to rust in appearance, but it is very different. If your battery acid is white, unfortunately this can travel throughout the entire slab and there is no cleaner that can remove the white stain.
- F9 BARC is GUARANTEED to remove THE MOST concrete rust, fertilizer staining and orange battery stains than ANY OTHER product on the market! F9 works on CONCRETE, BRICKS, PAVERS, TILE, STONE, STUCCO, ASPHALT, VINYL, SIDING, SHINGLES, RUBBER, SIDEWALKS AND MORE!
DO NOT USE ON GLASS
The problem with rust removers currently on the market is that they contain acids that “eat” the concrete. They strip the concrete of its cement paste and create a micro-aggregate or “etched” surface surrounding the orange acid burn. When these cleaners eat the cement, they only take a minimal amount of the stain with it and cause deep, permanent damage to your concrete. Almost all other concrete rust removers formulated to remove rust will discolor the concrete, turn it white or may even turn it more orange. This is not good because now your problem is two or three fold and you have sustained permanent damage to your concrete.
F9 BARC: The Best Rust Remover and Battery Acid Stain Remover
F9 Battery Acid Restoration Cleaner (BARC) is specifically formulated to remove BOTH battery acid staining AND rust stains. This includes the entire spectrum of the rust family- thin, thick, topical, embedded, and fertilizer staining. F9 BARC rust remover is easy to apply and does not require scrubbing, brushing or elbow grease. BARC is ready to go upon arrival and does not require mixing. F9 BARC chemically locks into the concrete, reversing 80-100% of the orange staining and restores concrete to its natural bright gray color.
ATTENTION PROFESSIONAL APPLICATORS: Please download the F9 Cookbook App for even more instructions and processes for using F9 Barc.
Instructions To Clean Rust, Orange Battery Stains and Fertilizer Stains From Concrete:
1. Pre-Cleaning: Power wash concrete using a commercial grade pressure washer, degreaser and surface cleaner. An alkaline concrete cleaner may be used. Rinse well. Cleaning the concrete first will open up the pores of the concrete and allow F9 BARC rust remover to soak in deeper and remove more of the orange battery stain than just applying F9 BARC alone.
2. After initial pre-cleaning, let the concrete dry completely.
3. USING A 1:2 DILUTION RATIO (1 PART WATER TO 2 PARTS F9 BARC) apply F9 BARC through pump up sprayer liberally and evenly to the entire pad of concrete. Do not “spot spray” on your first application. Use a circular overlapping spray motion. Spray from one side of the concrete pad to the other using a fine mist up to a uniform spray. High pressure low volume at 60-70 psi is recommended. Apply from control joint to control joint on the entire pad of concrete. Apply a bit more product on the areas with more staining. Apply as evenly and as thick as possible without letting F9 BARC run down the concrete. If F9 BARC does run down the concrete leave it alone. F9 BARC should begin to turn white and foam slightly.
4. Let concrete dry. Stains will disappear as concrete dries.
5. If spots remain follow directions in #3 again. If not, proceed to #7. It is better to go heavier on the first application and lighter on the second application. On the second application you may use less product on the areas with less staining and more product on the areas with stains remaining. It is acceptable to mist-spray on this application.
6. Let concrete dry. Stains will disappear as concrete dries.
7. A natural by-product of the reaction of this product and the concrete are light and dark mineral salts. Wet the concrete with water to reactivate the F9 cleaner. While wet, lightly broom the concrete to help F9 penetrate the concrete even deeper. Do not let concrete dry. Rinse LIGHTLY with a pressure washer to remove remaining surfactant. Do not use a surface cleaner here. Allow concrete to dry completely and evaluate results.
Instructions To Clean Non-Cement Substrates:
1. Mist surface so it is damp but not wet. Using a minimum of 1:2 ratio (1 part water to 2 parts F9), mist product on surface. Rust stains should disappear. Repeat if necessary. Rinse with water after stain disappears. Do not use on glass.
2. F9 BARC can be diluted with up to 3 parts water for tile, stone, vinyl and other not so porous surfaces. Always do a test spot to confirm compatibility.
Rust removal is an art and a science. Contact your nearest Professional Rust Removal specialist for best results.
◦Non Porous Substrates: Sealed Concrete, Concrete Coatings, Clay Pavers, Tile, Painted Metal, Aluminum (not polished or chrome), Stainless Steel, Interior Pools and surfaces that do not allow water to penetrate. Dilute F9 BARC 2:1 (two parts Water to 1 part F9. This makes 3 gallons of F9 from 1 gallon of concentrate. Spray a rate of 400-800’ per gallon. A light brushing with a soft or medium truck brush may be required. Do not let F9 Dry and rinse immediately following disappearance of stain.
◦Semi Porous Substrates: Stucco, Plastic, Vinyl, Asphalt, Stone and others. Dilute F9 1:1 to 2:1. Spray at a rate of 400-800’ per gallon. Do not let product dry and rinse immediately following disappearance of stain.
◦Porous Substrates: Concrete, Bricks and Pavers. Require a heavier concentration due to porosity and the need for deeper penetration. Dilute F9 1:2 (1 part water to 2 parts F9). Spray at a rate of 400-800’ per gallon. This application requires F9 to DRY INTO the concrete and lock in. Follow instructions listed on product and watch all F9 videos before application.
◦Always Apply F9 through a Pump-Up Sprayer or the F9 Hand-Carry Electric Applicator Sprayer
Benefits of F9 BARC
- Professional Power Washing is the Preferred Method of Cleaning Your Concrete Prior to Application of F9 BARC Rust Remover.
- Concentrated and Formulated to Go a Long Way
- Quickly and Easily Removes Orange Battery Acid Burn, Rust and Fertilizer Stains
- Biodegradable, Non-Abrasive, Non-Flammable
- Restores Concrete to Its Natural Bright Gray Color
- Does Not Involve Mixing, Brushing or Messy Pastes
- Does Not Lose Strength Over Time
Recent Comparisons of F9 BARC Rust Remover
- Covered 6-10x More Square Feet than the Competitors
- Was the Easiest to Apply
- Removed the Most Orange Battery Acid Burn, Fertilizer Staining and Rust
- Was the Only Formula that Works as Described
- Caused NO Damage or Etching to the Concrete
For Additional Resource Information Please Join The Front 9 Restoration Professionals Facebook Group Click Here
To find an F9 Authorized Applicator Near you please Click Here
Download the Front 9 Restoration Mobile App today!
Front 9 Restoration 2020 Mobile Cookbook App Fee: ¢.99